Learn to Teach!
Take your practice and your teaching to the next level. We offer a range of training programs including 200 hour & 200 hour intensive, Yoga Teacher Training. Stay Tuned for more information. Teacher training will start Winter 2019. Online teacher training will be available Spring 2020.
Indigo Gypsy Yoga School Code of Conduct
We acknowledge the sensitive nature of the student-teacher relationship and recognize that ethical behavior is the foundation of all good yoga practice and yoga teacher training. We believe that it is the responsibility of the yoga teacher to ensure a safe and protected environment in which a student can grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Our Code of Ethics lists important principles of conduct that guide our ethical and professional behavior. It is intended to serve as a basis for yoga ethics for our teachers and students and corresponds with the recommendations of Patanjali in the Yoga Sutras, Yamas and Niyamas: Ahimsa, acting with care; Satya, speaking truth in the service of all; Asteya, behaving honestly; Brahmacharya, being wise and caring in conduct.
As Teachers of Indigo Gypsy Yoga Teacher Training Programs we agree to uphold the highest professional standards as set forth in the following Code of Ethics.
1. We welcome all students with respect and friendliness and do not discriminate against or refuse professional help to anyone on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
2. We make only realistic statements regarding the benefits of yoga, make responsible decisions to determine if and when we can assist a student, and use our yogic knowledge and skills only for their benefit.
3. We provide rehabilitative and therapeutic instruction only for those problems or issues that are within the reasonable boundaries of our competence.
4. We do not misrepresent our professional qualifications and promote our services with accuracy and dignity.
5. We establish and maintain professional relationship boundaries at all times.
6. We understand that all forms of sexual behavior or harassment with students is unethical, and use only appropriate methods of touch when assisting students.
7. We conduct our public and private affairs with honesty in all financial, material, emotional and spiritual interactions.
8. We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students, and treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
* We require that prospective teacher have been practicing yoga for at least 12 months before starting training.
Contact us for more information!